• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

I've never tried this before having Crohns for 10 years

i just want to share my story. everytime when i was growing up, And couldnt understand why my parents were always sad and worried about what was going to happen next. I would constantly cry because I wouldnt be able to figure it out to make them happy, thats all i wanted. I watched my parents grow old together and seeing them struggle with me included is was always a very stressful battle. My mother whom has to the the strongest woman in my life, suffers from anxiety, depression, and blown dicks(in her back). She went threw a lot as a child and teenager growing up. Also my father who is very strong willed and intelligent, suffering from diabetes, asthma, COPD, and alcoholism. I know a strong part of depression is set upon him but I became just like him and holding everything in and being strong. As I reached age 10 I was diagnosed with Crohns disease, before receiving news my mother went threw 3 very excruciating back surgeries. As I went threw middle school my side effects were substantial but I had many flare ups and colonoscopies threw out. I dropped out of highschool because lack of motivation I had, when I reached age 17 I was evicted out of my home that I grew up in over missing a month of rent(big deal right) So my
parents went to a
motel and I stayed with my boyfriend at the time so i wouldnt have to sleep on the floor everynight. Still in pain, I managed threw. My parents finally found a friend that we could stay with and they awesomely had an extra room for me. I stayed there this time. After awhile my parents got back on their feet and found an apartment. The cat that I grew up with threw out my childhood waited and passed his time a few weeks after we moved in. After everything that has happened so far in my life started to take its
toll. I started Remicade for 5 months every other two weeks, having to sit in a chair for 4 hours. As going threw it my side effects seemed to keep getting worse. As a months passed while receiving IV therapy my doctor suggested I had surgery. Not sure before age 18 did I know what to do, so I assumed the best idea was to go ahead. I had a ft of intestine removed leaving a tiny incision I will always remember it by. I need Humra(which is an ejection that you give yourself every week) But insurance is so expensive. Still lack of motivation, ah whatever. Life goes on.