• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Life goes on

Hi guys and girl!
Just thought id tell you my journey through battling Crohn's disease and see if my words can just help one of you's that tiniest on bit. Where to begin hmmm maybe with the fact all my life I've had problems with going to the loo! But it wasn't until October 2012 when I was diagnosed with Crohn's! This didn't really come to a shock to me as my mam has Crohn's! However at the time being 18, it was hard it effected my life hugely. Being in and out of hospital, in constant pal and letting it ruin your social life! So the hospital ran the tests, done a few colonoscopies and found out I had moderate to severe Crohn's disease! They also found out I had 3 strictures, in my rectum, colon and terminal ileum which at the time were very inflamed. I started out on my pred in all honestly I started to feel abit better but as everyone knows pred isn't the best thing going! After a 16 week course of sterioid so was eventually put on azathiprone 50mg a day later increased to 75mg. This was to have no effect on me what so ever! Around the time of March 2013 I had an MRI scan which showed my bowell to be servely inflamed at which time I was told the bag was the only viable option! I was distraught at the fact I could have this bag and my whole life would be ruined! My mam started to research for herself and found an injection called adaminulab. In which we pushed the hospital for it. I started off on one every two weeks later to be increased one very week. Now yes I may not be able to eat certain foods all the time due to my Low fibre diet. But life goes on it's now 2014 I've booked my first lads summer holiday and going to catch up on the past two years of my life! I am slowly and surely getting better, yes I have my bad days but so does everyone. At the end of the day Crohn's is apart of you and you have to live with it! To all those people that think it won't ever get any better trust me it will
Need any further info feel free to just ask !
Hope this has helped
Carl Brown