• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Surgery tomorrow! 3/20/14

I am getting a ileorectal anastomosis colectomy with the intention of it taking place laproscopically. I am curious about what kind of pain to expect, and how long everyone was on narcotics after the surgery. I guess i'm curious if i'm going to be to in bed for weeks on morphine or hopefully something less intense will do the trick. Although I don't have IBD this place seems to be my best shot at getting this question answered by people who have actually had a similar surgery.

Searched around but didnt find my exact answer.

27/Male

Thanks!

Last edited:
I have had three resections. I only needed Morphine for 2-3 days. You will be surprised how fast the body heals up. The faster you can start walking the faster your recovery. Listen to the nurses and follow their directions. I wish you the best tomorrow.