• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Has anyone have passed out/had a seizure from having blockages?

I've had crohns for a few years now, been ok most of the time.. on humira since day 1. Have had intestinal blockages aprox. every 6 months where i end up in the hospital for a couple of days...eating like crap is what i believe the reason is.....

Last episode i had about a week ago, i passed out when the abdominal pain first hit me, i regained consciousness and was taken to the hospital while in "vacation" sucksss...always positive though and "stress free":thug:

My wife told me that during the time i thought i was passed out it looked a lot more like i had a seizure, she was on the phone with 911 and the operator also thought i had a seizure.

While at the very nice Florida Hospital, even thou they took 3 hours to provide me with very much needed Dilauted, i swear I'm not a junkie:ylol2::ylol2:, i got a 50 min MRI the next day.
Talked to a neurologist who said i was fine.
The seizure was prob caused because i sat on the floor with my head on the bed when lost conscious and blood didn't reach my brain.:eek2:
He said everybody can have 1 seizure but not 2...

anybody related????

Trysha

Staff member
Hello Carlostoro
Welcome to the forum.
Sorry about your ordeal, what an experience.
Hope things are now better for
you.
I have not had a blockage but I have passed out on two occasions, one was anaphylactic shock after ciprofloxacin and another from dilaudid.
Both times severe pain preceded the problems.
There is lots of information in these pages and if you take a good look around you may find the information you seek.
There might also be fellow members of the forum dropping in to give their info.
Sorry I don't have the precise info you are looking for but wanted to say Hi and welcome.
Feel better soon
Hugs and best wishes
Trysha:ghug:

DustyKat

Super Moderator
My son had an episode of passing out just after he was diagnosed in 2010.

My daughter also has Crohn’s so I was able to get Matt diagnosed very quickly and based on very few symptoms. However less than 3 weeks post diagnosis he came into my bedroom early one morning. He was clearly in pain and could barely walk as he was unable to put any weight on his right leg. I took him straight to emergency and due to his presenting symptoms they felt he likely had a perforation and abscess (it turned out that was what he had but they were unable to confirm the abscess side of things for another couple of weeks).

He was taken to X-Ray for a CT scan, I was unaware that anything had occurred until the same wardsmen that had taken Matt to x-ray also took him up the ward. We were chatting away and he said to Matt and I, “Lucky we were on the ball to catch you when you passed out in x-ray young fella.” Apparently it happened when they stood him up to do a chest x-ray.

I am not sure why it happened then and a couple of weeks later he another episode of the same pain, worse the second time around, but it never happened again. Although he had already received IV Morphine he was still in some pain so I can only think that when they stood him up and he put weight on his right leg the pain became unbearable again that he passed out because of it??

Dusty. xxx

Hi there

I have passed out a couple of times due to the pain of an obstruction- once whilst in A & E which I discovered does ensure you get plenty of attention ;-)

Good luck with your health

Emma