• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Introducing myself...

Hi my name is Miles and i am a 17 year old senior in High School. I was recently diagnosed with Crohn's and decided it would be a good idea to try out something like this.
About 3 months ago I started having bad stomach pains and eating was getting really difficult. I stated losing weight and ended up losing about 20 pounds. I went to the doctor thinking it was some type of stomach virus and he told me I need to get a bunch of blood tests done. I got those (which suck) and they all came back negative for any viruses but i was very anemic. He reffered me to a GI and eventually had to get a colonoscopy and thats when they found out I had Crohn's. I had ulcers in my stomach small and large intestine. They started me on a bunch of meds. 19 pills a day.
My eating has improved greatly and I am not in as much pain. The only part that is really still affecting me is the Prednizone. It is litterally making it almost imposible for me to get any sleep. I tried melatonin and benadryll they didnt help much. So now I am taking ZzzQuil almost every night and it is making me feel very lowsy all morning and most of the day. I am going to be starting Remicade soon and they are going to take me off the roids eventually.

If anyone wants to talk feel free to email me at mgd1996@gmail.com

Thanks for reading!

Hi SOJA96. Welcome to the forum. There is the teen forum in case you want to check it out. My daughter is also 17, she has been on remicade for the past 17 month and it work for her. What dose of prednisone are you taking? Do you take it in the morning or at night? talk to your doctor about not being able to sleep and ask him about the ZzzQuil. It can interact with some of your meds. Feel free to ask any questions and let us know how you are doing.

Last edited:
Hello Miles and welcome. Glad you found the forum there is lots of support and information on here so ask away. Make sure you check out the Remicade subforum and Teen subforum.

You should take Prednisone first thing in the morning, absolute first thing you do when you get out of bed. That helps to some degree.