• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

New to the forum

I am new to the forum and looking forward to talking to everyone. I've been battling CD since 2008 and nothing has helped so far. Tried asacol, prednisone, humira, remicade and now on simponi. Any help that anyone can provide is greatly appreciated. I am 57 years old.

nogutsnoglory

Welcome! I'm sorry to hear it's been such a battle. Did you react negatively or was it that the meds simply didn't help? I hope Simponi is the answer for you. I'm not familiar with that one but have heard of it.

It immediately start getting side effects, severe joint pain, constantly going to the bathroom, depression as a result of it, etc. I stopped prednisone on Monday and since then, I am solely on simponi and methotrexate...immediately after cutting prednisone, I am starting to feel bad. I finally listened to my daughter and took medical marijuana chocolate last night.

OMG! I've only gone to the bathroom once since last night and I am feeling amazing. I will update everyone how I feel within a week. I wish I tried it earlier! if this works, I will just have to figure out a safe way to transition from the meds. If you know of anyone that did this safely, please let me know.

Hi Lili, I'm Allison and I'm new and 57 too. I live in Texas, so there is no medical marijuana here, but after reading so much about how it helps, I tried it. It's the best I have felt in months. I will be interested to hear how your journey goes. I may have to move!