• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

100 lbs later

I'm sooo glad that this forum exists!!! When I was diagnosed, I couldn't find anywhere to talk with others about Crohn's. I guess I didn't search well enough. It would've been a great help if I knew all this back then, so I figured I'd help out here for others going through the same thing! Hmm...Where to begin? I'm now 21, but was 19 when all this started. Last January I started a diet, at 245 lbs. The weeks went by and my diet was going good, losing a couple pounds every week. Around February, my diet started picking up, along with stomach aches, losing more weight, etc...And finally in March of 2008, I started losing around 10 lbs a week! I was also having sever stomach pains. I didn't think anything of them other than they must be related to hunger or something. I eventually started vomiting after every meal to the point where I could hardly drink anything without keeping it down. My parents and I had no idea what it was and I refused to go to the doctor, but eventually around March 21, they decided they would make the decision to bring me to the emergency room. A colonoscopy, tracheaotomy, and intestinal xray later, I was preliminarily diagnosed with Crohn's. All that was left was the blood test, which concluded that the doctors were right. So I started a long run on Pentasa, 6mp, Prednisone, and some type of vomit reducing drug. I kept on these for most of the year, until July when I got really bad. I had just got back from vacation and got dehydrated and stayed in the hospital for a couple of days and then a couple of CT scans later and a visit with my gastro I was released on a diet of mashed potatos and water. I was then tested for Remicade treatment which turned out to be okay so I was scheduled to start in November of 2008. During all of this time, I lost 100 lbs and dropped down to 145 lbs. Now it has been seven months since my Remicade start and I have went back up to 190 lbs. So I am doing a lot better.

SpoonNinja

Spoonie
thats good to hear! and this forum really does help ive only been onit for a few months and it has helped me a lot i was only diagnosed a little over a year ago and just found this site while researching crohns. there are some really nice people on here and they are very helpful. i also do my best to help out with any questions i may be able to even tho i still have a lot of myown. well im glad to hear your doing better! hope to see you around the site^-^

:) Thank you for the welcome, unfortunately I'm going through a mini flare-up this week. Hopefully it'll get better, I just switched to 8 weeks between Remicade treatments.

Aaron

My Butt Hurts

Squeals-a-lot!
Hi Aaron. I started Remi in November too, and I have gained a well needed 40 pounds since starting. Good stuff, huh?
Welcome to the forum!

hey aaron and welcome!
glad to hear that the remi seems to be helping. ive recently lost a lot of weight due to the crohns as well and am trying to put some of it back on. hard to do!
this forum is a great place. feel free to ask any question or share anything you want. there will always be someone who can relate okay? one of the most wonderful things about this place, you never feel alone :)
see you around the site!