• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

6 weeks after Bowel Ressection

Hi everyone!

It has been almost 6 weeks since my laporoscopic bowel resection. Everything has been going pretty well the last week or two except that I am having discomfort around the incision above my belly button. It is not bruised or anything, but it is maybe a little red and just generally sore. Has anyone else experienced this? Could I be getting some sort of infection or is this normal?

Thanks!

DJW

Forum Monitor
Hi Tamar. It could be a bit of an infection in the incision. I often get these after surgery. Let the doctor know...he/she may want to put you on an antibiotic.

valleysangel92

Staff member
Hey Tamar

I was just wondering how you are doing? Some soreness in the incision site is normal, I still get some tenderness in mine from June last year and have been told it's nothing to worry about. Do make sure you get it checked just in case if you haven't already. Wishing you a speedy recovery!

Thanks so much for asking! I think it is getting a little better, but it is still tender. I am glad to know that's normal. I spoke to the surgeon a couple of days ago and he said it shouldn't be anything to worry about at this point. Thanks for looking in! I hope all is well with you, Nicola.