• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Seeping fissures

Well I must say firstly that in thankful for this resource! Very good to have people to ask things.
Speaking of which: currently have awful anal fissures and a worsening fistula waiting to be drained (the fistula, that is) and waiting to stet Humira.
Question is- once starting Humira (assuming it works) any ideas how long before I might see an improvement in seeping of mucus/puss/faecal matter?

theOcean

When I started Humira, I noticed a difference right away! At first it was just that I would notice less drainage, but four months later I don't get any drainage at all and I'll be getting my setons removed soon to see if it can close with the help of Humira.

valleysangel92

Staff member
I'm sorry I don't have any experience of this myself , I just wanted to send you some support. Hopefully bumping up the thread will get you some experienced answers.

Before starting humira I had one fistula the size of a goose egg. It had burst a couple times but always filled back up anf constantly seeped. Within a week it was pea sized with occasional drainage and within two weeks it was gone and drainage is super irregular. Happens from time to time but not remotely regularly.