• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Still looking for answers...

Hey again everyone, I posted last week about my joints being really sore. For those of you who don't know I am having a really rough time with my crohns at the moment. My joints in every part of my body is swollen. I am physically immobile, I am in so much pain. I recently went to see a my GI, told him about it and he sent me to rheumatologist, he gave me a cortisone shot which did not help. I am currently on remicade which was great for a year until now.. The doctor does not know if it's arthritis or if it's an allergic reaction to the remicade. The same day I was sent to start methotrexate which is not seeming to help either. I'm just so stuck, what if this never goes away, I can't do my hair or makeup it's hard to drive, I can't even go into work ( I am a waitress ) every morning when I wake up it's a different joint. Right now it's all my fingers my knees and my feet. Last night was my shoulder and still my fingers I'm so tired of being so frustrated that no one can help me and on top of it all it's exam time going to school is hell for me. If anyone knows anything please help me out.

I haven't been on remicade, but have been on humira for a couple years and Imuran for over a decade. I haven't had all of my joints swell, but my knees, hips, shoulders, and fingers frequently cause me issues. Sometimes it's the weather/barometric pressure changes cause me pain sometimes it seemingly comes from nowhere.
I often use an epsom salt bath to help relieve the pain and swelling plus a long soak just helps me to relax and destress.

No, the doctor asked me the same thing. My throat started hurting though also I was not that hungry but I just thought it was mostly from the pain, the only time I got a rash was last summer. :(

It's been two weeks tomorrow since this started. Still not much improvement with the pain. I am able to walk during the day ( mostly morning ) but at night it is the worst. They said it may be an allergic reaction but nothing but the joint pain is causing me trouble

David

Co-Founder
I was hoping to have some idea, but unfortunately, I do not. I'm sorry :( My heart goes out to you though. I pray that they figure out what the cause is soon.