Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » 5-ASA/Mesalamine » Effectiveness of Rectal Mesalazine

View Poll Results: Effectiveness of Rectal Mesalazine
Very heplful for induction and/or maintaining remission. 1 33.33%
Helpful but not much. 0 0%
No noticeable effects. 2 66.67%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

04-13-2014, 11:41 PM   #1
Crohn2357

My Support Groups:
Effectiveness of Rectal Mesalazine

Rectal mesalazine for Ulcerative Colitis, Crohn's Colitis and Crohn's Disease involving left colon and/or rectum.

Last edited by Crohn2357; 04-14-2014 at 12:02 AM.
04-14-2014, 12:28 AM   #2
Hope345
Forum Monitor

Our daughter is finally starting her enemas. However, not sure how accurate it will be since she will continue her cortifoam as well. We are so hoping this will keep it in check... she has suffered for a long time. I will be anxious to see the results others have had.
Daughter (age 17) diagnosed with Crohns Colitis/UC 1/2012 Mod/severe changed to U.C.: 11/7/2014 anemia:blood transfusion current: Flare, weaning from Prednisone, still bloating: Meds ,Pentesa: 2000mg twice daily, Vegan diet, mesalamine enemas .Previous: mercaptopurine, Remicade (13 treatments), Imuran, prednisone ), Flagyl, iron infusions, cortifoam,
Continue to be hopeful
Daughter: age 21, undiagnosed: GI issues
04-14-2014, 07:57 PM   #3
2thFairy

My Support Groups:
The suppositories were helpful for me to prevent spasms. I didn't notice a whole lot of difference with the mesalamine enemas. I was also using a bunch of other meds at the time, but I used mesalamine suppositories twice a day, and without them I was much worse off.

Total colectomy with ileostomy featuring Sideshow Bob since January 2012

"The colon seems an unlikely candidate for dramatic effect, but now and then it serves that purpose well." The Associated Press Guide to Punctuation

Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » 5-ASA/Mesalamine » Effectiveness of Rectal Mesalazine