• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Please help me understand my CT scan

I had a ct scan last week and the results said I had a few fluid-filled small bowel loops. But they're non distended. What does this mean? I called my gi doctor and of course he didn't answer.

How maddening,so let's just leave you worried sick!is there a clinic nurse or your gp who could advise you?i,d have the phone melting.one consolation if there not being quick it's probably o.k.good luck all the best

If you aren't having any symptoms, my first thought would be that you had a drink of water before the scan and you still have some in your bowels. Hard to say though without more info.

I didn't have anything to drink before the scan and yeah they used that awful contrast.... I finally talked to my gi nurse and they didn't seem too concerned. I'm getting another scope down through my throat next Wednesday. (Yuck)