• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Crohn's and GERD sufferers Support Group

Lynda Lynda

I have been taking PPI's for years too. Recently had colonoscopy / endoscopy. It said "esophageal mucosa appeared grossly normal" so I assume that means I have no damage to my esophagus due to years of suffering from acid reflux ? I'm having a terrible heartburn reflux attack right now. Recently endoscopy showed gastritis in my stomach. I am calling my doctors office on Monday, these attacks are getting more severe. My CT Scan is April 21st and my follow-up appointment on May 19.

Sending you my support.:heart:

Lynda Lynda

Ok. Feel terrible today and waiting for my doctor to call me back. Severe heartburn and acid reflux for the past 5 hours, my chest feels like it's burning. It has been years and years since this happened. Now I am SO nauseated I am gonna throw up. I took a Protonics and 4 chewable Extra strength Gaviscon today. Only good thing......I have not had a BM all day long ( wierd ), but stomach bloated up like a giant balloon ! I live alone so I have to go to the grocery store tonight or tomorrow ( sigh. ) I had been using Safeway Grocery delivery for years but recently canceled them to to poor service ( actually poor EVERYTHING. ) Now I have to get off my ass and actually go to the grocery store. Also because I am sick those screaming kids right outside my front door are severly irritating mr and now I am the Grouchy Old Lady I suppose.:(

Lynda Lynda

Do most people get a colonoscopy AND endoscopy at the same time ? I do. Maybe because I have the acid reflux. My most recent endoscopy showed gastritis.
Will 6mp pill and Humira help the gastritis ?

Last edited:
Do most people get a colonoscopy AND endoscopy at the same time ? I do. Maybe because I have the acid reflux. My most recent endoscopy showed gastritis.
Will 6mp pill and Humira help the gastritis ?
Last time I got my scopes done, I told the doc that I wanted to make sure he did the upper first because i didn't want to wake up with a crappy outlook on life! LOL At least he understood I was joking.

I have always had both done also .. not by choice, just doc always wants to look at both ends.

Jay

I use to take nexium everyday. I started eating 1/4 cup or so of kim chee every night. I take a nexium maybe once a month, maybe. Kim chee is fantastic