• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Out of flare and in remission... Because of a colonoscopy?

Has anyone gone into bowel prep in a flare and into remission following a colonoscoscpy? I feel like that happened to me. For 6 months ending on Super Bowel, eh, Bowl Sunday and my colonoscoscpy on Super Bowel Monday, I was in flare. From then on I am in remission. Has anyone used prep to get out of a flare? Did this resrt the microbiom in my gut?

Well I don't know the last colonoscopy I had landed me a week hospital stay - I was septic ! Anyways glad to here you are now in remission .:cheerss:

Anything is possible. I mean think about it, when drink that prep stuff, it clears away tons of bacteria. Maybe it is possible that it cleared away some bad guys and that is why you are feeling better. In any event, it is good news that you are feeling better!!

For me it was just the opposite. I was trudging along not great, but fairly well until the prep. I haven't been doing nearly as well after this latest colonoscopy and for the first time had to try something besides a 5-ASA.