• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

*UPDATE* :) It's a boy, and boy do I feel great!

Hi everyone I havent posted here in a while but I did introduce myself about 5 months ago and shared my story. I had gone to see a gastro and he couldnt do much testing on me because I was pregnant. He did blood tests on me that came back negative for celiac markers and told me to come back after baby for a colonoscopy and endoscopy.

I'm not going to write up everything that was going on with me back then, you can read it here http://www.crohnsforum.com/showthread.php?t=5066

I knew I was sick, the truth is until I got out of that dark place I was in I didn't even realize just how sick I was.

Right after I saw the gastro I started the SCD diet. I never struggled once with wanting to eat something that wasnt allowed because the difference the diet made was so black and white. By day two most of my symptoms where completely gone! NO MORE EXCRUCIATING PLEASE SHOOT ME AND PUT ME OUT OF MY MISERY PAIN! Almost no more gas coming out of both ends and my physical weakness started to lift almost instantly. Im still not 100% regular with going to the bathroom but Im much much more regular.

I do get small flare ups when I'm super stressed but they are not anywhere near as bad as what I used to to through on a daily basis.

My Obg/yn had no idea what to do with me. Everytime I came in I was losing more weight. I lost a total of 23 pounds during the pregnancy. He was freaking out and telling me I had to go off the diet...my baby NEEDED bread! I told him he should be happy if all his patients were eating as healthily as I was. I asked him if I could refuse the blood glucose test and he wanted to speak with my gastroenterologist, he didnt believe me that I couldnt drink that stuff. I called me gastro and he was amazed to hear how well I was doing on the diet, he told me not t otake the test and to stay on this "miracle diet" (thats what he called it) My OB then was convinced that I had gentational diabetes and kept on bringing it up again and again saying the baby was measuring too big and he thinks I have GD. Guess what my baby was a beautiful healthy 7lbs, my smallest baby yet, (my others were 8, 8lbs 2oz, and 7lbs 14oz, probably cause of all the junk I ate with them, not that they were too big either) not only did he keep leaning on me to go off the diet and tried to scare me off it as well, but the month before I went on the diet when I had seen him I was in agony and not handling life very well cause I was so sick and he wanted to put me on antidepressants. He had no problem drugging me with drugs I didnt need but he had a problem with me not eating bread and sugar????:ybatty:

Anyways I gave birth 3 weeks ago to a beatiful baby boy. Up until the morning I went into labor I was able to run up the steps without getting winded. Before I went on SCD I was so weak sometimes I would literaly have to crawl up the steps.

I was told to expect a flare a couple of weeks postpartum and I am flaring a bit now, I have to go back on soft foods until it clears up which is not easy but I'll do it anyway. Even though Im flaring though I still feel healthy and overall very good. Going through days, weeks and months without pain has been such a blessing and I only hope it continues.

Thanks for your support :)

My Butt Hurts

Squeals-a-lot!
Congratulations on your new baby boy, and good for you for sticking up for your own thoughts on your health care. Enjoy him!