• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Wheat grass?

Does anyone here drink wheat grass juice? I have been reading that it has a lot of health benefits and is a natural antinflammatory. Just wanted to know if anyone has tried this. A friend at work has colitis and she drinks it and highly recommends it.

Cat-a-Tonic

Super Moderator
My brother gave me a container of chocolate-flavored wheatgrass powder (to add to smoothies, etc) last year. He swears by the stuff although he has no chronic illnesses. I went through the entire container but didn't notice any difference in symptoms or how I felt. I will say, even with the chocolate flavoring, that stuff tastes pretty awful. :p So because of the taste and the fact that I didn't notice a difference, I probably wouldn't be apt to try wheatgrass again. Your experience may be different, but I don't think it'll hurt anything to try it.

I use to grow my own wheatgrass and juice it - it's very strong when taken straight. I personally didn't notice any improvements, but it's also something that is very anecdotal, so be weary of any claims made about it.

You'd likely be better off juicing kale or any other variety of green leafy vegetable.