• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hospital Visit

Well I've already told my "story" ... this is my first hospital visit with the lovely Chron's disease.

So basically about 2 weeks ago I had a nice 5 day flareup. The usual sickness.. throwing up, lovely stools etc. Well during that time I had a little bit of a pain in my right leg. I didn't really think too much of it I thought I might have just pulled a muscle or something.

So the next week comes along and I get back to work well the pain in my leg gradually gets worse and worse to the point I couldn't put any pressure on it. So I decided to go to the doctor. I didn't go to my Gastro because I didn't really associate it with Chron's (I've quickly learned if I start feeling bad I'll assume it's chrons and go from there)

So anywho I go to the doctor and he takes xrays and doesn't see anything. Gives me some pain pills and flexeril (muscle relaxer) and I go home. Well they worked the first night. The next day I could barely walk on my right leg. Putting pressure on it was just horrible and the pain medicine was basically pointless cause it didn't do anything

I go to my gastro and tell him all my symptoms and he says what hospital would I like to go to. So of course I'm like here we go.

Ends up I had an abscess in my lower back the size of a baseball with like a crescent moon on top of it. Well I finally have gotten it drained and now I'm just sitting here restless and waiting to go because I feel fine.

Of course they won't let me leave. They have me on so many different antibiotics and now I'll probably be here till Monday. I was admitted on Tuesday of last week so it's a nice long visit. Not to mention the time I've missed from work.

What sucks is all the gastros in my area all work together. There are 8 of them and they have one big digestive health place and they just cycle through the 2 hospitals here.

They are thinking of putting me on remicade and I"m not really knowledgeable on it yet but I see many here are on it so time to sit back and research.. since I have nothing better to do but eat horrible hospital food and take lovely dumps.

Just wanted to say hi! Hopefully I'll be out soon.

aw i hope you'll be out soon, Graphic!

it's good to hear they traced the cause of your pain so quickly, and dealt with it - i know it drags in hospital but your time there has been well worth it. i hear ya on the hospital food tho lol

J

JillianB82

What a bummer! At least they finally figured out what it was. Feel better & keep us posted!