• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Help- strictures seem to have disappeared.

I had a CT scan about a month ago which showed 3 strictures in my ileum. I have just had a flexible sigmoidoscopy to dilate which showed no signs of strictures. Can they disappear? I am still having obstructive symptons.:(

A flex sig procedure is to look into the rectum and sigmoid colon, but not go as far as the ileum. Did they not look far enough and therefore did not see the strictures?

I had exactly the same thing happen to me. An MRI showed a small stricture in my TI, but when my gastroenterologist did a colonoscopy to dilate it it had disappeared. My dr was baffled.

If I am honest, I don't really know where the strictures are. My GI struggled with reading the CT scan. There were clearly three strictures, but I don't really understand what bowel I have left. All I know is that I have episodes of severe pain which are not Crohn's. There were some small ulcers around the join but nothing major. Just very tired of it all. So disappointed, thought he would dilate strictures and I would be able to eat and not be in pain for a while.