• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

My Story, According to Jenn

Hello Everyone!

Now that i look back at life before crohn's, i have to say that i believe that i have almost always had some form of IBS/IBD. Way back when i was a kid, i was allergic to milk, then in my high school and college years i could not tolerate any type of milk product. Then about 2 1/2 years ago i started reacting "strangly" to foods and drinks that hadnt ever really bothered me before - i.e. lettuce, alcohol, certain veggies, and meats. Then after about 6 weeks of 15-20 visits to the bathroom each day i decided that it probably wasnt some strange type of flu and i was diagnosed with Crohn's in February of 2007. i was placed on Asacol and started feeling much better!! Then in June of 2007 i started noticing strange lumps that would alternate around my eyes, and i started having bumps, there were very sore, on my legs, and then i began having fatty lumps on my eyes with serious bloodshot. I ended up being diagnosed with pinguecula, eutherma nordosum and something else with the eyes. Was placed on steriod eyedrops and prednisone. My GI stated that it was an External Manifestation of Crohn's...huh...who'd a thunk that this disease of your bowels would have anything to do with your legs and eyes!!

Once i got that all cleared up and started learning what i could and could not eat, i was feeling pretty great! We messed around with Immuran, but after getting RSV and my danger levels much out weighing my benefits and having another flare-up the doc decided to cut to the chase and put me on Humira and Lialda back in December of 2008. I have been very, very happy with the Humira (especially since i have worked past the exhaustion and flu symptoms, headaches). I thought that i had been having another flare-up back in April, but it turns out that my obscene obsession with spinach salads had finally caught up with me, cause after my colonoscopy the doc told me it was "beautiful" with no flare. So i have come to terms that my spinach affair had to come to an end, and quite frankly i am finding that there are many foods that i cant eat without making me feel yuck.

Now for my most recent issues...i started noticing some serious pain when wiping after a trip to the bathroom, and i didnt really think anything of it cause the pain would only be if/when i wiped. Over the last few days i now notice that the pain is pretty much constant, and that walking and sitting aren't the most comfortable things to do!! I have a call into my GI, who has called in a prescription and referred me to another doctor to have it looked at.

The pain is actually beyond the anus and is a very hard lump that is extremely painful upon touch. I'm thinking abscess, based on a lot of the threads that i have read - ugh!! But there is never a dull moment with Crohn's, is there?!?!

I'm pleased to be a part of the group and look forward to chatting with you all!!!:ycool:

Jenn

Welcome Blondie! One of my best friends calls me 'blondie' and I live in Michigan, :)! I do hope you can resolve this new issue quickly and keep us posted on how it is going. Take care!

J

JillianB82

:) Welcome to the forum Jenn!!!

Thanks for sharing your story with us!!!