• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hello all, new member but not new patient...heres my mni story from Mayland

I was diagnosed in 2002. Was immediately put on steroids for remission and then my first preventative, cant remember the name, orange pill started with a d. Anyway, for the most part over the ten years I have been just about as common of a crohns patient as possible. Flare one or two times a year, usually a big one, and get it back under control.

About a year and a half ago I started having severe pain in my lower abdomen. It happened three different times and each time the doctors at the er were able to make what was blocked go through using a high dosage of steroids. I grew distant from my gi during this because he didnt even seem to want to scope me, always claiming I wasnt taking my Lialda as I should have.

I switched doctors and before we could get a look, November of last year, I had my fourth blockage. It was the most intense pain I have every been involved with. When we finally got me unblocked my new GI and I decided while I was there, it was resection time....especially considering the surgeon there has a great reputation. Wellhad the surgery but it was a long hospital stay because my digestive system took days to reboot....and until it did I had to keep the NG tube in......yuck,fullrecovery took about five months

Anyway after jan,started noticing weird bulging and bloating, and sure enough an incissional hernia the size of a football was there. I just went in to have that removed last week and just returning home from hospital stay today. He said it was the second largest hernia hes even seen, that it had grown attached to several diffferent things and he had to carefully cut through all the adhesions....a hernia operation that ended taking three hours to perform,and had me laid up again in the hospital for a week. Hesaid it went good in the end and installed the mesh in for me. So now I am homefor weeks of healing before going back to work

Well theres my story...sorry if it was boring but ive been looking for a group like this for awhile

So sorry to hear of all that you have been going through. I truly hope you are now on a path to a full recovery and remission!

Welcome tonyw173 - I am so grateful for this forum - it has been a lifesaver and has given me a better knowledge of this disease. Even though everyone's story is different, I've found many people to share and learn from.

Hope you feel better soon!!