• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Fell into the trap of eating veg!?

I'm in agony. Been 3 times to the toilet wirh diarrheah.

I've had diarrheah few and far between now for a number of weeks. I started to think all was ok (except for the almost constant ache in right side of stomach!! Lol).

Anyway hubby made fajitas last night with loads of cooked bell peppers through it. I also had lashings of creme fraiche so I've not idea whether it's the veg or the creamy yoghurt or both thats caused it!

Pointless message really just feeling sorry for myself. I can eat most food fine. I even eat Chinese curries etc regularly and I have no problems so I'm fine with spicy foods but the minute I try to eat healthy with fruits and veg I'm back to spending life in the toilet!

I have my first GI app on Tuesday.

Oh no, how terrible for you.

Have you tried experimenting with very small amounts of fruit and veg, to see if you can build up a tolerance?

Just a suggestion, as I know from personal experience sometimes even one bite of something can set things off!

Hi

No not tried yet. I do know that peppers set me off but I love them. I've always had a problem with them for years but now they cause loose stools.

I have my GI app tue so will see what he says.

Thanks x