06-01-2014, 07:12 PM   #1
nogutsnoglory

My Support Groups:
Happy Pride Month!

June is LGBT pride month! How are you guys celebrating? I'd like to goto the pride march if I feel good enough. I really look forward to it every year. The other festivities I'll probably have to pass on because I lack energy and crowds and bathroom lines are scary.

Here is a list of many pride parades taking place around the globe http://gaytravel.about.com/od/gaypri...Pride_June.htm
06-01-2014, 11:54 PM   #2
Khaley

Happy Pride Month! My stepson married his sweetie yesterday, here in Oregon. So wonderful!
Small bowel resection with 3 strictureplasties Aug. 2014
Currently on Azathioprine 150mg, Remicade
06-02-2014, 05:00 AM   #3
gemling

My Support Groups:
Happy Pride Month! My local Pride parade is not until August, last year I just didn't really feel well enough to attempt it. Looking forward to feeling better this year though.

Last year my work supported Trans*Pride as well, so hoping to get involved with that too.
Mid-Sept 2014 Another blockage
Oct 2014 Started Infliximab

Current Medications:
Infliximab Infusions (Remicade), Loading doses
Azathioprine (100mg)
Pentasa (4g)
Supplements:
Adcal-D3 (1g)
Ferrous Fumarate (420mg)
Multivitamin
06-17-2014, 10:35 PM   #4
sickofcrohns

Anybody going to World Pride in Toronto?
(If so: welcome to Toronto!)
06-18-2014, 07:59 AM   #5
Ki3

My Support Groups:
Im going to my first pride over in seattle! (i live in uk but im going on holiday and will be there for pride
Had a temp Ileostomy (now reversed)
16 ~ Female ~ SouthEast England
Always here to talk!
06-19-2014, 04:14 PM   #6
nogutsnoglory

My Support Groups:
That's awesome I didn't even know there was a world pride but I read they are expecting 1 million. I know NYC gets 2 million and I think the biggest pride parade is in Rio Brazil with over 3 million attendees.

When is Seattle pride? Sounds fun, they usually light the space needle rainbow in honor of the event. How come you chose it for vacation? It's cool just seems like an odd choice for an international visit.
06-19-2014, 04:17 PM   #7
nogutsnoglory

My Support Groups:
I'm still debating going to the nyc pride parade. Honestly it's so much fun but it's long and if it's hot out I get really dehydrated. I am also freaked out about crowds and lack of bathroom access. I know I'll feel sad if crohns forces me to miss this another year but maybe I'll compromise and find a pride event I can goto where these problems aren't as prominent.

I should form an IBD contingent in the parade with a portable bathroom connected to a truck so crohnies can march or watch haha.
06-19-2014, 04:37 PM   #8
Ki3

My Support Groups:
I'm going to meet some close friends, not because I chose Seattle, I've never been to America so I don't know any of it. We are staying for two weeks with our friends/ more like second family. They were going to pride anyway so now we are joining them!