• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

MY story

Hi all,
Had crohns since about 16,1978,for 5 years told my doctor in alot pain,said was all in my head,till i got rushed to hospitol.
He later got removed as a doctor,was down to 6 stone,had to have operation,50 50 chance live or die,lumps all over stomach.
To put it mildly the next 2 years was hell on earth,my wife gave up her modelling to look after me,most would have left.
Fast forward 5 years,suddenly stoped takeing everything,steriods ,which made me like hulk.i had 10 years off mild pain.
Then ,i still wonder if i had kept takeing the stuff wouldnt b in such a state now??,but i wouldnt give up those 10 happy years i had med free.
Now i live in small fishing village in england,cannot work.
Ive had every operation going,my stomach is like a train line the amount scars,ive had bag,then year later removed.too many ops to list hear.
Now only thing keeps me alive is my daughter,i am on humura,been told if need any more ops be last,ie tube in neck and fed through a tube food!!!.
Told wife"same one been with me though it all.if i had to have that i be swinging from a tree.so depressed big time and v angry.
Quick history,was punk in 1976 to 1981,with same girl,used live with boy george b4 culture club,been in bob dylan film,and alot tv stuff.Used to self pierce neck eyebrows ect LONG b4 became fashionable.now i live small village 2 castles 7 beaches,sorta semi retired.
Have alot pics but to big to post here for some reason,ive had so many drugs,i got sick being guinea pig,and just stoped,now on humura,other stuff i was on made cuts appear all over my body and bleed,and my skin turn scaly,i called it my mouse dna hell,as part of the drug was made up of mouse dna,like humira is human dna.

Ps i can take alot pain,coverd in tats head to toe,but i refuse painkillers,for me hot water bottle RULES!.

Welcome to the forum Phillip.

Scaly skin? That is a new side effect I was not aware of. I hope the Humira works better. Did the Mouse DNA have any effect on your appetite? Any sudden cheese cravings?

Just kidding around, I hope you find the site useful to you, one way or another. It is one of the better ones I have seen.

Dan

Thanx dan,
As didnt get many replies,thought on wrong site,as im from uk.
Noticed alot americans on here,uk doesnt have any crohns sites,that are any good.
Yes my daughter made alot mouse jokes,but they had to stop because bad side effects,on humura now.Any idea how make pictures smaller to fit on here?tried but says all to big.

Welcome

Hello Phillip and welcome to the Crohn's Forum...
I'm sure you will meet a lot of friends here...
sorry you have been through so much.

Yes, photobucket.com will hold your pics.
it's free and you just copy the code to place in here.

If you want I have an account there, if you have problems with it,
you can email pics to me and I can upload them here for you.

Once again, welcome!!

Hugs~Nancy

Yeah, there are several others from the UK. It is an international forum.

You will see there posts if you stick around a bit.

Dan