• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Tiny little hard bumps on foot, is it part of CD?

Has anybody got any knowledge of tiny hard bumps that have been appearing on Nicks feet they were initially on his heal but now he has them at the base of his toes, they don't hurt they are not red and he has more on one foot than the other ? He also has mottled skin on the back of his ankle which looks like he has been wearing shoes that rub but it's not chaffed or sore just looks odd. Do you think it could be Crohn's related ?

His blood work is continuing to come back down in to the normal range, the only worrying one at the moment is his GGT which is 193 range 11-63 but has come down from 470, we have another test tomorrow and hope to see it dropped again.

my little penguin

Staff member

DustyKat

Super Moderator
Could they be the start of plantar warts?

These can sometimes be a problem when Azathioprine is commenced.

Dusty. xxx

AZMOM

Okay funny you say that about the skin that looks "rubbed"! We have that and I keep MEANING to ask the doc about it and then there are more pressing questions. I'll try to get a pic to show you and see if it looks like Nick's.

Also, could be warts. We had wart-palooza for awhile on 6MP. It's a pain! The don't hurt or itch do they?

J.

My son has had bouts of peeling skin on the soles of his feet, but not since starting treatment, so I think it was a symptom of his CD. No little bumps though.

Hello and thank you for your ideas, I think they look like warts but tiny and under the surface. We Leave for the UK on Tuesday WOO HOO ! So excited. Nick and I will fly in then my hubby and daughter will arrive ten days later. I will make an appointment to see a chiropodist and see what they think.

On a different topic, 2 months ago we scrambled in to action and got all of Nicks immunisations up to date before starting on the next level of meds, we had many jabs some a little more obscure due to living in South East Asia. The doc was concerned that due to Nick being steroid dependant his TB shot would not be effective, and sure enough he only developed a small red bump and no significant reaction. Fast forward to this week and we have a pussy oozing mess, it is beginning to heal and become less sore, it happened around the time we finished the steroids. Do you think this is a positive sign and has anyone else had such a delayed reaction, could he perhaps be having his reaction now due to finishing the steroids? He is on AZA so it quite confusing.

Did I mention we are going home on Tuesday for the summer!, :) just a little excited

I'm on 100 mg of 6mp and having a lot of wart problems. Has anyone switched meds with the warts and seen improvement?

my little penguin

Staff member
Ds has had wart issues on remicade and now humira
Dermatologist blames swimming and teenage boy sweating feet more than any med though ;)

I'm having a ton of skin issues from 6mp. I've been on it for so many years and it's finally taking a toll on me. I don't know what I will do next. I've got so many warts and bad skin now because of the immunosuppression. It sucks because I've been fairly healthy on the 6mp for many many years!