• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Round and Round we go

I started to post this in another thread about "Prepping," but then though, if anyone was prepping for a colonoscopy, they really did not need to read anything like this. Prep: Ah, the memories! Well, maybe not long enough ago to be "memories." Last Thursday, after a thrilling 3 day run with an NG tube up my nose and down they throat, and absolutely nothing to eat since Monday, what do I get to do as soon as they pull that tube out? An extended toast, yes indeed, a gallon and a quarter of a lovely 2009 GoLightly. Well, after puking my guts out on Tuesday morning, and putting nothing but a tube down my throat for 4 days, that GoLightly was not really going to create a whole lot of rear action. But, yes, my entertainment on Friday, prior to release, was a nice CT Pulmonary Angiogram, looking for blood clots, and a good small bowel follow through with that nice barium drink, followed shortly by one fine colonscopy - first one I have ever managed to stay awake long enough to see anything. At least I got to go home after that. Or, at least I thought that was a good thing at the time. After a few days of recuperating at home, I headed off to work for a few hours. Big mistake. I had noticed that I seemed to be urinating a lot and Wound up passing out, landing on my face and breaking off a front tooth. Which resulted in a return trip to the hospital for three more days, during which they did not really figure out what happened, but the best theory was this: The colonoscopy had irritated and/or infected my prostate, resulting in all that peeing, probable dehydration, in spite of a recuperation diet of liquids. So, now I get to spend a bunch more time seeing my regular Doc (that was today), my GI guy, next Thursday, and my urologist, next Friday, to try to get me better. So, I am missing one heck of a lot of work this time around. Not really meant to be a cautionary tale re: colonoscopies, as I have never had a problem with one before, but this one sure has had a lasting impact. On the bright side: the flare seems to be banished, and I only get them maybe 3 times a year.

Wow! You have had some adventures. Those tests are the worst.

Glad to hear that your flare has settled down, hope it stays that way!