• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hello

My story...

2 years ago in March, I started having stomach pains while at my friends rehearsal dinner for his wedding that I was to be the best man for. I kept ignoring it, then couldn't take it anymore. I went to the ER just to make sure nothing was terribly wrong. They did some tests, I told them there was no way I was staying overnight because of my friends wedding. They told me everything looked good, just drink clear liquids. I drank clear liquids until the reception lol.

I didn't have another problem until one whole year later in April. I was working a 48 hour shift at the firehouse, and it hit me so hard! I was dehydrated, dizzy, and vomiting every 30 minutes. Did 5 days in the hospital with only fluids (it's terrible). Went back for colonoscopy, they determined I had Crohn's. I complied with my medication for about a month or 2, had no pain, so stopped taking them. Didn't have any problems for another full year in May of this year.

Same thing again... Lots of pain and constipation. I am now on Prednisone and Pentasa. Just started 6mp or mp6, whatever it's called.

Unfortunately my Dr tapered down my Prednisone to 5mg, same time I started mp6, so I am having some discomfort as I start this new medicine... I really hope mp6 pulls through and starts working ASAP!

valleysangel92

Staff member
Hello there, welcome to the forum

I'm sorry to hear that you've been unwell :(. You've come to the right place though, we have lots of members that are full of information. If you have any specific questions then please don't hesitate to ask and we will do everything we can to help you out,

We have a treatment section[url] with a subsection for 6-MP which you can find [url=http://www.crohnsforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=64]here. This is a great place to read about other's experiences about this medication and ask any questions you might have about it.

I hope that the 6-MP is the answer for you and that it gets you feeling more like yourself. It does take a bit of time to get working so don't worry if you don't notice a difference right away.

David

Co-Founder
Hi there and welcome to the community!

I'm sorry to hear about your struggles :(

PLEASE stay on your medication this time around. Even if you end up feeling like a million bucks, PLEASE stay on it. Crohn's is a chronic disease and it is imperative that you keep the inflammation in check.

All my best to you.