• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

New member new humira patient looking for feedback

Hey everybody my name is earl. No joke:) i have had symptoms of crohns since i was about ten years old. Diagmosef as ulcers at that age. Silly i know. When i was 21 my lower intestine split open about a foot. Resecection of my bowel amd half my colon saved my life as i had a paratinitis infection from it. I am now 33 and have stayed surgery free for 12 years now. I have had 2 stays im hospital in this time for infections that were cleared by antibiotics. I have 3 fistulas as well. I have a moderate to severe case of crohns and have tried imuran,pentasa,prednisone and remicade with little luck fpr a short period of time then nack to the daily struggle. 3 months ago i started humira injections and havent felt so good in years beyond some painful BM's here and there. I am wondering other peoples experience with humira good and bad. Also i am having a lot of trouble maintaining a good weight as i seem to not be divesting food as well the older i get. Any advise? What is a good high protein high carb diet that wont hit my stomach like a ton of bricks? I am so sick of being told to eat a sandwich.......any advise would be great.

David

Co-Founder
Hey there and welcome to the community. I'm sorry to hear you've had such a rough time but am glad you are doing a bit better on Humira!

I suggest checking into our Humira forum located here. That's where people on Humira tend to share the nitty gritty like you're looking for :)

All my best to you!