• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hearing Loss

I was diagnosed with Crohns in January 2014. I am about to have surgery in a week to remove my ascending colon and a portion of my small bowel due to severe stricture. In the course of dealing with all of this I have been to the ENT three times. I have been experiencing hearing loss. My ears feel full all of the time. I cannot distinguish what anyone is saying if there are background noises. If someone is slightly turned away from me I cannot hear. The doctors have asked if I have allergies. Which I do not have. They have placed me on prednisone. Which had no effect. They also examined my ears and said my eustachion tubes are clogged. It is getting worse because I now have waves of dizziness that are overwhelming. I was recently told that Crohns can cause these problems. Is anyone else experiencing these symptoms.

I was diagnosed with Crohns in January 2014. I am about to have surgery in a week to remove my ascending colon and a portion of my small bowel due to severe stricture. In the course of dealing with all of this I have been to the ENT three times. I have been experiencing hearing loss. My ears feel full all of the time. I cannot distinguish what anyone is saying if there are background noises. If someone is slightly turned away from me I cannot hear. The doctors have asked if I have allergies. Which I do not have. They have placed me on prednisone. Which had no effect. They also examined my ears and said my eustachion tubes are clogged. It is getting worse because I now have waves of dizziness that are overwhelming. I was recently told that Crohns can cause these problems. Is anyone else experiencing these symptoms.
I do, but I do have allergies. Tons of them - it'd probably be quicker to tell you what I'm not allergic to. I've never heard that my crohns could be causing this, but it wouldn't surprise me as crohns can affect anything and everything, as far as I can tell.