• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Maybe Crohns?

I'm 19 male and I weigh 180lbs.
It all started a few months ago when I noticed blood on my toilet peper. It was just a few spots. Then I started to notice these random red lines and also orange lines on my toilet paper. Then ii also started to notice these black specks and spots on my toilet paper. That was two months ago and these symptons are still concurrent. Lately though I find that my bowel activities are strange. Ive been having to a lot more lately, Diarheaa, Constipated diarrheaa.

And also last week my poop was completely green, and this morning my stool has these weird yellow round things in it. I know it wasn't corn as I havn't eaten that in a few months. The blood is usually bright red and sometimes its more of a dark maroon color. A few months ago I also had a weird a cold that made me have blood in my throat when i would clear my throat but it went away. I have also had shortness of breath and abdominal pains once in a while.
I went to the doctor and they said that they will send me for a ultrasound but what are chances that this cancer?
Im going to list all my symptoms.:

Blood on toilet paper once in a while. (Brighjt red and sometimes dark maroon...)

Black Specks/Spots on toilet paper once in a while.

Orange little lines, and also little red lines on toilet paper...

Frequent diarrhea/Runny stool.

Green Stool all day yesterday.

Today = Stool has yellow round things in it, looks like corn.

Abdominal pain sometimes,

Shortness of breath

Fatigue a lot of the time

Blood when clearing throat a few months ago but it never hapened again.

I also went for a blood test when i had shortness of breathe a few months ago and they din't find anything.

Is it colon cancer, crohns or something else.?

It is impossible to say, and I think it is really important not to google your symptoms. Wait until you have had your tests. It could be crohns, UC or another inflammatory illness. Do you know whether your scan is a CT or normal ultrasound. If blood tests are fine, then it is very unlikely to be anything too sinister. You do need to keep on top of things and try and ensure that you don't have to wait too long for your scan.

It is impossible to say, and I think it is really important not to google your symptoms. Wait until you have had your tests. It could be crohns, UC or another inflammatory illness. Do you know whether your scan is a CT or normal ultrasound. If blood tests are fine, then it is very unlikely to be anything too sinister. You do need to keep on top of things and try and ensure that you don't have to wait too long for your scan.
But if the blood wasn't specificly for bowel cancer but for shortness of breathe then how would it detect cancer? Isn't there a special blood test for colon bowel cancer?

I think you just need to try and stop worrying so much. Blood tests will show anemia or problems with blood count. It is much more likely to be some sort of inflammatory or irritable condition. When is your scan?

I think you just need to try and stop worrying so much. Blood tests will show anemia or problems with blood count. It is much more likely to be some sort of inflammatory or irritable condition. When is your scan?
Not sure they havn't called me yet. And yeah I do worry a little bit too much sometimes haha.