• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Had both scopes done today...

Both scopes were done today, I waited 3 1/2 hours until they were finally ready for me I had a general anaesthetic so I didn't remember a thing :) Oh boy did I feel awful afterwards :ybatty: really painful :(.

Anyway I told the nurse about the pain(severe) she just said that I should be fine, so I just went with it as you do, now I'm sat at home and I'm going the pain has increased along with my breathing which has gone weird and dizziness :(

I'm hoping it will pass over and hoping that I will be fine tomorrow, but if it doesn't do I just ring my GP to make an appointment, ring A&E, go into A&E. Anyone know what I should do if the severe pain, weird breathing and dizziness doesn't go away??

The pain isn't just from the bloating that you get afterwards it's different :(

Also they told me that if I wasn't put under then it would have been very difficult to do the colonoscopy :confused2: what does that mean?? :confused:

Thanks HorseLover!! (sorry for how long this is)

Honestly, I would just go into A&E right now. If it was just pain, I would say you could probably hold out. But with your breathing being odd, I wouldn't mess with it. Better safe than sorry, yeah? My rule is, when I am sick enough to consider going to the hospital then that means I need to go. Keep me posted, I'm praying for you hun.

DJW

Forum Monitor
Hi. I too think you should go. Better safe than sorry. Hopefully its just all the air pumped into your system.

Cat-a-Tonic

Super Moderator
I agree with the others, I would just go to A&E immediately. Hopefully they can get it figured out quickly and get you some pain relief. Please keep us updated on if you go to A&E and how you're doing!

Well A&E was a waste of time they took one look at me and you look fine so they sent me home, I argued with them for a bit, but then they just said if I don't go home they would call security :(, so now I'm at home still feeling the same like sh*t basically only with the added chest pain great just what I needed NOT!! so I'm hoping it passes by until I can go see my doctor on Monday :(.

I actually think that having the scopes done has made me worse: more pain, weird breathing just feeling horrible as going to A&E was a waste of time I'm just going to wait it out. I'm still recovering from the anaesthetic which should have worn off by now, I've got a sore throat from the endoscope and a sore stomach/bowel from the colonoscopy.

Endoscope they took 8 biopsies

Colonoscopy they took 9 biopsies
Too me this is a lot I'm just hoping the biopsies are clear(I'm hope I haven't spoken to soon lol)

Last edited:
I am not surprised you were in pain. Try and eat low residue foods in order not to irritate your bowel more. Usually it is rectal bleeding that they are concerned about. I am shocked that A&E treated you so badly. I am always told to ring the endoscopy unit if I am having problems after a scope. It might be worth ringing tomorrow if you are still having the same symptons. Hope you are feeling better today.

It usually takes me a while to feel better. The pain can continue for a while. Has your hospital got an IBD nurse that you can speak to me? Scopes can make inflammation worse which is why they try not to do them until they have to.

It usually takes me a while to feel better. The pain can continue for a while. Has your hospital got an IBD nurse that you can speak to me? Scopes can make inflammation worse which is why they try not to do them until they have to.
Yeah I have a feeling that this pain is going to stick around for a while, it's lasted longer than last time :( I do have an IBD nurse that I can speak to but I have lost the number grrrr :( I'm hoping that I don't have to have another scope for as long as possible.