• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Fistula....help with info

Newbie to site. I have a fistula on my butt cheek. Now I thought you could only get anal or vagianal fistulas . Apparently I have one one my but cheek. Because I have diabetes as well I'm not healing so surgery is the next move. They said I have to take a fleet before but of if it's on my cheek why the need for a fleet?

nogutsnoglory

Sorry to hear. I have had abscess on my butt cheek before. Fistulas can occur pretty much anywhere but yes more common anally or vaginally it seems.

The fleet enema is probably recommended just to clean you out a bit since the surgeon will look in there and possibly need to go in since that fistula connects internally.

Welcome to the site and I hope the surgery goes smoothly.

DJW

Forum Monitor
Hi and welcome. I see you're in Midland. My dad grew up in Port.

I've had fistulas in my butt cheeks, anus, and stomach.

Sending you my support.

Sadly, fistulas can pop up just about anywhere. While it is more common to have anal or vaginal fistulas, it is certainly possible to get them in other places. Sorry to hear you are having such a rough time; fistulas can be incredibly painful. I hope your surgery goes well.