07-30-2014, 09:01 PM   #1
Adam1971
Forum Monitor

Lamictal

Hi folks. I was prescribed lamictal to help raise the bottom of the lows and iron out frequent bouts of irritability associated with mood. Anyone who has any experience with this , please take time to make a note of it. I'd love to know how its worked for you.

Thanks. Adam

dx Crohn's in TI March 2012

Surgery on Dec. 11th, 2012-Ileocolic resection

Remission since surgery- a true blessing
08-07-2014, 12:58 AM   #2
SkYtZo1

I am diagnosed bipolar disorder and take Lamictal to keep it in check. It's primarily given to epilepsy patients, but it's essentially your every-day, run-of-the-mill dopamine blanket. It works for me. It's tough to focus sometimes (like vision focus - you'll see what I mean), but it gets the job done and with tolerable side effects. I've been on it for 4 years now. BE SURE TO TAKE IT DAILY. Maintaining a stable amount in your system is important for it to work properly, otherwise it worsens symptoms (or at least it did mine).
08-07-2014, 08:54 AM   #3
Adam1971
Forum Monitor

Hey...thanks for the response. After 123 views, its nice someone had something to say . Did you have any GI side effects at first? I'm trying to figure out if I am having symptoms coincidentally, or side effects.

Thanks again.