• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Diet after colon removal.

Hi, does anyone have any dietary advice for after the colon has been removed or is it better to just follow similar guidelines as to previous.
I am getting seriously fed up spending all day and night on toilet especially at the minute as in UK it seems that the supply of loperamide has dried up and after trying numerous chemists I am unable to source.
I also have the added complication of a fistula so have to avoid anything that does not break down (had a blockage caused by an undigested pea a while back which caused a very painful collection under the skin).

vonfunk

Bourbon Bandito
I would check out the stoma forum. It is different for everyone. But with the exception of a couple of things I an pretty much eat anything I want, but other people have issues with some items.