• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Entocort and high blood pressure

I have been on entocort for three months. This is the second time. I tried it a few years ago and it raised my blood pressure and my heart rate was erratic. The doctor convinced me to take it again. I started with one pill, went to two and felt wired...not energetic. It has seemed to help my constipation but my blood pressure is up very high and had to get a blood pressure med. My doctor is out of town so when I called, the doctor on call said that it doesn't increase blood pressure. Anyone else with this experience. I am now trying to taper off. Doctor had told me to take one pill for one month and then one pill every other day for a month. I can't stand the way it makes me feel or the effect on my blood pressure.

Hi there! :welcome: I have no personal experience with this, but according this site: http://www.rxlist.com/entocort-drug.htm , high blood pressure is a rare, severe side effect that should be reported to your doctor at once.

Did your GI also prescribe your BP med, or did a different dr? Wondering if you have a different office you could get in touch with as the on-call at your GI (?) dismissed your concern.

Longer term: are you on a maintenance med (immunomodulator like 6MP, Imuran, etc.... biologic like Humira, Remicade, etc)? (and what's your diagnosis?

:hang: