• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Frustrated

Well my story starts a little over 5 years ago. I had an fistula which led to a colonoscopy. The GI discovered lots of ulcers and put me on remicade. After about a year of no improvement, I was changed to Cimzia. Another year later with so many colonscopies I lost count and no impact, my GI sent me to another GI which ran a Prometheus test which stated that I had no genetic markers for crohns disease. So this GI diagnosis me with solitary rectal ulcers and told me to suck it up. Well, I have D multiple times a day (20+ on bad days), horrible stomach and rectal pain, blood in stool, chronic gas, etc. So went to another GI, he was convinced I had crohns, so he put me on prednisone. After some time on that and no impact, he had me meet with a surgeon. The surgeon does not believe there is enough margin to cut out my ulcers, so no surgery for me. Now my third GI has given up. I am at a loss on what to do, so I have ulcers and all the symptoms of and IBD but that was ruled out by genetic testing. All my GIs initially thought I was an interesting case, but then gave up. So for all my troubles all I have is memories of the preps and bills for the pills. Currently, I take 2-5mg oxycodone and 1-30mg paxil.

Any ideas??? So lost and I just don't want to be a burden on my family anymore. thanks everyone

DJW

Forum Monitor
Hi and welcome.

I'm so sorry your going through this.

Sending you my support.