• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

New here

Hey everyone so I am new here but been reading posts for the last few weeks. I have not yet been diagnosed with Crohns Disease but have a colonoscopy on Wednesday. I have been battling illnesses for the last few years. I am 25 and had a hysterectomy in 2007 and then had my gall bladder out in February. I have had a lot of belly aches for the last few years where my belly is really tender to the touch and of course diarrhea and nausea. About three months ago I started getting tons and when I say tons I mean like 20 or 30 canker sores in my mouth at a time. This happened the first time in May and only lasted a few days and then almost thirty days later another bout of canker sores came in and then two weeks go they came again. I went to four different doctors trying to get it figured out because it pretty much stops me in my tracks when I get the sores. I have a friend at work that has been telling me I have Crohn's since November and did not believe her and then went to the doctor two weeks ago and he said the same thing or Celiac's. He did the blood testing for celiac's and the test results came back that it was not Celiacs. I have been doing a lot of research on Crohn's and Celiacs. I am so nervous about the doctors on Wednesday but I can't live with these problems forever. Anyway thanks for listening and if you have any good information for me would greatly appreciate it!

My Butt Hurts

Squeals-a-lot!
Welcome dkt - good luck on Wednesday!!
Try not to be nervous - it's not bad at all actually. The worst part is the prep at home. Do you know which type you have to take yet? We cold give you some opinions on that for sure, haha. TOO many colonoscopies for most of us.

Colonoscopy prep

Yes it is trilyte mixture 4 liters starting on Tuesday at 3pm and 4 dulcolax tablets at 8 pm... I was told that I pretty much want to plan on doing nothing on Tuesday afternoon but being in the bathroom. Does anyone know whether or not the doc will tell me whether he thinks its CD on Wednesday or will I have to get test results before they will say? The prep from what I have can make you pretty nauseated any ideas on how to stop that from happening? I am pretty nauseated atleast the last few weeks anyway but absolutely hate that feeling so didn't know if you had ideas for that?

GoJohnnyGo

One Badass Dude
Colonoscopy doc will tell you right then and there if you've got blockage, inflammation or lesions. They're not going to keep you in suspense over something like that. If those aren't present, you could still have Crohn's.

As for the nausea, I'm afraid you'll just have to bear with it. At least until it's over.

Good luck with the colonoscopy. The prep is the worst bit, just hang in their and get through it best as you can, nausea an'all. If you can take someone with you on the day they can be your 'recorder' so you dont have to worry about what they (tried) to tell you - the sedation tends to make you forget what is/has happened.

:welcome:

forum contributor

Captain Obvious
Re: your canker sores - you poor thing. I've always had a problem with those as well, since I was little. However, I've never had that many at once!

Welcome to the forum, hope your c-oscopy goes well, and make sure you let us know how it all goes :)

Hey so the colonoscopy showed no signs of crohns but did show inflamation he said it was spastic colon or irritable bowel syndrome. Have to go back in Three weeks

thats good news then! im really pleased it isn't crohns. i know you might think things are really bad just nowm but have they put you in touch with a dietician? as changing your diet with ibs can really work, as can being on coluflac. think you can buy this over the counter now,

hth. good luck x