• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Dropping in for a visit!

Regular Joe

Hi friends,

Wow its been a while. Lots has changed and happened since my last visit. I'm sorta nosing around...saying hello.

I'm faring pretty well lately. Crohn's has been quiet, but always seems to make a guest appearence at probably the worst times, and ALWAYS unannounced (yes accidents still happen!). I'm happy to report that remission also happens. It's been about 9 months since I had symptoms, plus I got a clean C-scope in April this year. My GI took me off Pentasa in March 2013. remission has held, and I'm off of all Crohn's meds.

I'm fortunate to have "mild" CD, but still, this is a systemic disease that isn't kind to the immune system, and/or several other systems. One of my worst bouts was with IBD arthritis (a.k.a. "Crohn's Arthritis"). My left knee was destroyed within 2 years of an 11-month flare-up. So I'm carrying a little piece of implanted titanium to remind me the disease never goes away, and it can whip up a tempest in very short order.

I've also been prone to "inflammation" in other areas, too, and both my rheumatologist and neurologist remind me that Crohn's is "systemic". My difficulties in these areas are a direct result of Crohn's disease. I can say without any doubt, my body has forever been changed. I've had to learn how to respect, and never, NEVER, underestimate this disease.

This forum has always been an excellent support source, and thank you all for helping me when times were not-so-nice.

I'll be hanging around! Joseph