• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

How long does it take?

Hi guys ive been taken off humira because of a constant cold and mucus (nasal) infection. I was due an injection on Aug 8th but haven't had it so I guess that's 4 weeks now since my last dose of humira, does anyone know how long it will take for my immune system to be up and running again? Or st least how long humira takes to stop working in your system? The cold is a little better now but still there and so is the infection! Just curious.

David. .

Hi, did you call and tell your GI about the cold? I have been sick since Aug 1st, beginning with bronchitis and double ear infection, now I cant get rid of this sinus mess. I continued to take the Humira; did not call and tell them about all this other stuff. I figured I am a bother too much as it is. Now, I am home from work with severe left, lower quadrant pain, waiting for them to call me back about this.

Ive had issues with cold symptoms since last Christmas at first my doc ignored it but as time went on took it seriously eventually stopping the humira. Im now waiting to be seen by a chest doc and am waiting for the crohn's to kick in again. What joy!