• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Horrific Pain

I am hurting horribly on my left side. When I had a follow-up last week with my PCP for my bronchitis, I mentioned it and he did xray to see if there was a bowel obstruction. It didn't show any but he gave me a shot for the pain. Today I am hurting worse. I feel like I live in a dr office with this..had to leave work this morning. If there isn't an obstruction any ideas? I can hear the bowels making their noise, which it ALWAYS does. But it feels like someone is wringing them with their hands. Burning, and painful, nauseated. On a scale of 1-10 for pain I would give it a good 8...

Took my Humira injection last Saturday...

Lisa

DJW

Forum Monitor
Hi Lisa. Sorry you're going through this pain. I think you should be calling the doctor.

Yep, I have no appendix...still waiting on my GI to call back. Pain has eased off a bit, but I have been in bed since I came back home from work this morning.

David

Co-Founder
Anytime someone with Crohn's uses a word such as, "Horrific" prior to the word, "Pain", in my opinion, they need to be evaluated in an emergency room setting.

Please go.

Add Ketones, UTI and a kidney stone to the mix...oh, and low potassium once again. Home from the ER. Go back to my GI on Tuesday, and have to schedule an appointment with a urologist as well. I do have a question though...the dr said the CT shows no inflammation. But I can tell the difference between kidney stone pain and the feeling of my intestines feeling like someone has their hands on them twisting, plus the other symptoms of D and Musous/Blood...How do I have these symptoms still on Humira (2 months in) and my colon look okay on CT? Still feeling rough, but given morphine. My GI put me on Flagyl & Cipro until I see him Tuesday, the ER gave Rhocephin antibiotic and Potassium IV...

are you on anything besides Humira? Humira was not enough to control my symptoms, I piggybacked them with Asacol.

Antibiotics have never helped my crohns or fistulas.

David

Co-Founder
I'm glad you went to the ER!

I've heard plenty of accounts where CT scans came back normal but a colonoscopy showed inflammation. However, maybe you are working your way towards remission which would be wonderful! Let's hope that is the case :)

Please let us know what your GI says on Tuesday.

Thanks, David. I will...Mish2575, My GI weaned me off my Entocort (was on it for 10 months), however I take Lialda. I also take Bentyl and Lomotil on as needed basis now. It affects my potassium and Vit B, so I also take potassium 10 MeQ and Folic Acid daily. Pentasa did not work for me. In the past I was also using Canasa Suppositories and Cort. Enemas.

I saw my GI this afternoon. He ran more tests so hopefully I will find out results sometime this week. He is not satisfied with my the Humira and says despite what the ER said, my Crohns is definitely not in remission. Concerned with it affecting other parts of my body besides the intestines. He mentioned Imuran, but wants to see the results of tests before he adds another. He is giving me another month on Humira and has begun talking about a new Crohns med that is new on the market. Can't remember the name of it though. SO back at looking at other options. He mentioned disability as well, but I am NOT ready to even hear that yet. Not the answers I was expecting today. I KNOW I am blessed in SO MANY WAYS, but I am a bit saddened, overwhelmed, frustrated, and depressed...

I can't handle this anymore...I have been so sick form one thing to another since the beginning of August. Praise God the side pain has subsided immensely compared to the way it was. Now, I have a yeast infection and a terrible sinus thing going on, low grade fever, etc...along with typical tummy things. still waiting on the test results. In the meantime Pity party tonight at my house, Feeling helpless and useless...

I'm so sorry your still feeling so bad. Take it one day at a time, things will get better, it just takes some time. Try and focus on the positive things in your life, watch a funny movie, and remember there are good times to come. :ghug:

I can't handle this anymore...I have been so sick form one thing to another since the beginning of August. Praise God the side pain has subsided immensely compared to the way it was. Now, I have a yeast infection and a terrible sinus thing going on, low grade fever, etc...along with typical tummy things. still waiting on the test results. In the meantime Pity party tonight at my house, Feeling helpless and useless...
Sorry for you misfortunes, but I cant help but giggle that I'm having a pity party at my house tonight as well.