• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

New to forum

Hi. Diagnosed with Crohn's over a year now. First time in a support group for it. Saw the new release on the study of remicade. (Someone from this sight posted response, thought I would comment...must sign up first). Makes me think about trying it for the full body pain and inflammation. With the serious possible side effects, not sure if I should wait until things get worse. Look forward to reading what people have posted on is this subject.

Hi there, and welcome. I am new to this forum too. Been reading it for several years now, but just signed myself up. I had been on Remicade for about 1 full year before I developed antibodies. However, it was a wonder drug for me. I would feel immediately better after an infusion. Like I was high on life! Tons of energry, normal bms, ZERO pain, just felt overall awesome. I did hem and haw over starting the drug for some time before I had my first infusion. The side effects would make anyone freaked out. But I do highly recommend it. My cousin has been on Remicade for over 10 years and he still has great success with it. I would give it a try! Don't wait till things get worse, then you may be looking at a course of pred, and who wants that?! LOL. Good luck!

Thanks for the reply. I would not go on the prednisone treatment drugs. I have basically been without treatment. I have many other autoimmune diseases/disorders. Everything overlapping...dr's not knowing what is what and not even knowing if they have given me correct diagnosis on the other stuff. I don't want to have Crohn's (who does) but at least I know one of my diagnosis was correct. I can still deal with the C side effects unless this overall pain/inflammation is part of it. If not, I might concede to taking something. It hurts so bad just to type this. I am glad you got significant relief w/o bad side effects. Where you hospitalized for treatment, and if so, for how long?

Hi ISshot2. Welcome to the forum. Remicade is done every 8 (sometimes 6 or 7) weeks after the loading doses. It is usually done in the hospital or Doctor office as an outpatient. It lasts about 3 to 6 hours depending how slow is done.