• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Ev -d68 spreading

Everything I've seen so far says it's been kids only. Have you seen anything different. MLP?

I don't know of any kids personally, but our local news says it's here. :thumbdown:

It was on our national news last night here in Canada. It's not here, but they were saying to brace for it. I'm nervous. I supplied my kid's classroom teachers with big bottles of hand sanitizer the other day. I'm sure they appreciate me doing that!

Must admit....I'm a little nervous about this. Especially since we have several appointments each month at our hospital/clinic and I imagine things spread there quickly. I wipe my kids down with antibacterial wipes when we leave, lol.

Our hospital put a little video clip on Facebook stating symptoms of the virus (runny nose, cough, fever, wheezing) and precautions parents should take (handwashing, not sharing food/drinks). The doctor on the video said that for most kids the virus would present like a typical cold, but for kids with underlying lung conditions it may develop into a more serious respiratory illness. Only kids that are wheezing or showing signs of respiratory distress or dehydration need to be seen by a physician. Others should be able to recover on their own at home. This eased my mind a little.