• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Humira every 10 days

my little penguin

Staff member
Well after seeing the Rheumo last week and lots of conversations on the phone with docs offices and the specialty pharmacy - the insurance approved the increased. Frequency of humira - only took 8 days
So his first close together 10 day shot will be monday.
Hoping it won't make him too tired for school.

I only noticed a difference when we went weekly. And it wasn't fatigue. He seemed to get some skin infections and some illnesses so they moved us out to 10 days. Good luck. I hope it works its magic. Many say it does the trick putting it closer.

my little penguin

Staff member
Thanks
First close dose in yesterday.
Hopefully it will work quickly on his arthritis which more the issue right now and getting. Worse by the day

Sorry I must of skipped over this.:ybatty:

When my dd was upped to every ten days I didn't notice a difference in anything but that's why she's onto Remicade.:(

Now will he go back to every 14 days if he improves?

I hope it works well for him.

Maya142

Staff member
Same with us- 10 days didn't help so we went to weekly. That worked wonderfully for a while (with MTX).
Hope it works quickly!

my little penguin

Staff member
Shot went well- added lidocaine and he told me when to stop so less pain.
He was very tired Tuesday .
Joints still bad
Hoping today is better
Mtx dose Thursday so fingers crossed after a few doses things turn around