• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Medical mystery. .sound familiar :)

Hi all
I have been having bowel trouble for about 6yrs now. Started out every now and then with chronic pain and irregular bm's, then quickly escalated to a point where I was living on powerade and chips because anything else would be painful and block me up big time! I also discovered I had a fistula which leaked constantly. 6months after a massive bowel infection which put me in hosp for 10 days I finally had surgery which lasted over 6hours, I needed 4ltrs of blood in a transfusion, 30cm of my large intestine was removed, and I woke up with an illeostomy. The surgeon described it as challenging. My bowel was wrapped around my re productive organs, an abscess had formed, popped, and had stuck everything together. So far the cause of this is unknown. The surgeon mentioned inflammatory pelvic disease but hasnt said much more about it. At first I was convinced it was Irritable Bowel-d and the doctor agreed. 3.5mnths after op im so much better and put on weight (i lost 28kgs in 12months) I guess we will see how things are once I get my bag removed. Fingers crossed!
Thanks for reading :ysmile: