• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Humira injection bruise?

Last Monday was my first dosage of Humira. The nurse did my first shot and I had no problems giving myself the second one. I decide to do my 3rd and 4th shots that evening since I was on my way to work and didn't know how the medicine was going to affect me.

I started the 3rd shot and pulled it out almost immediately. My husband ended up having to give me the last 2 shots that night.

Now it's been a week since that's happened and I have a horrible horrible dark purple bruise from the botched injection. (it progressively got darker over the week and I think it's about as dark as it's going to go).

Did I just pick a bad spot that won't tolerate an injection or did I cause the bruising since I pulled it out?

nogutsnoglory

Where did you give yourself the shot? Bruising does happen but the fact that it's getting worse is concerning. You might want to ask the dr.

You probably hit a blood vessel by accident. This rarely happens, but when it does it leaves a huge dark bruise that can last for weeks. I had this happen once. Check with your DR