Crohn's Disease Forum » Support Forum » Mental Health Support » Blood test kit freaking me out

09-19-2014, 10:40 AM   #1
nogutsnoglory

My Support Groups:
Blood test kit freaking me out

I have had a zillion blood tests and I watch what they do because I'm a germaphobe. They almost always open the needle from a little half plastic/thick paper backing container and they use the same elastic band and suction cup on each person.

today is the first time I saw the needle in a little plastic sleeve. I'm now scared that somehow its some cheap alternative made in China or I don't know. I never saw that before and the phlebotomist was very nasty so I didn't want to say too much.
09-19-2014, 11:01 AM   #2
Lisa
Adminstrator

My Support Groups:
When you say a plastic sleeve - there had to be something covering the end of the needle where it attaches to the syringe etc...some needles incorporate a plastic cap which gets twisted off inspead of being in a bubble type of package.

This is an example....

They have been around a looonngggg time...

30 plus years and counting with UC/Crohn's!
on remicade since 11/05

While my experiences may not be what everyone has had- I feel it is worthwhile to share any and all experiences that may be beneficial to others.
09-19-2014, 11:33 AM   #3
nogutsnoglory

My Support Groups:
It was the butterfly needle in a plastic baggie. I don't recall anything covering the needle. I'm used to these:

09-19-2014, 02:16 PM   #4
Lisa
Adminstrator

My Support Groups:
Was it something more like this?
09-19-2014, 03:37 PM   #5
nogutsnoglory

My Support Groups:
Yes but no words on it just see through.
09-20-2014, 03:58 PM   #6
Spooky1
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
I'm sorry, but I've just giggled. No Guts is worried that the syringe was made in China and Paso has just uploaded a pic of the Chinese syringe made in China and on the Chinese Alibaba site. tee hee

Crohn's Disease Forum » Support Forum » Mental Health Support » Blood test kit freaking me out