• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

New here, nervous

:sign0085: Hello everyone, just here to tell my story and see if it relatable to anyone else.. I'm a 24 year old active female.. I work everyday and enjoy fitness. About 3 years ago I started noticing that everytime I ate I would get extremely bloated to the point that I didn't even want to stand up and had a horrible belching problem. it went on for a few years and I finally went to the doctors.. I had H. pylori and took the Prev Pac. it didn't go away, I ended up having to take the medication 3 separate times. after that they performed an endoscopy and I have inflammation of my small intestine. I just did the bacterial over growth test and it was positive. I took Doxycycline this past week and I still feel the symptoms :frown: I might try xifaxin but my insurance doesn't cover it, starting to lose hope. I always feel weak and haven't been going to the gym.. I have a horrible diet and don't eat amny times a day. I just pray that this isn't a life sentence

Are you seeing a gastroenterologist? It seems like the next step is figuring out what is causing that inflammation. Did they recommend any further testing like a colonoscopy or MRI?

Megan, sorry your dealing with this. Have you tried SCD or FODMAP diets? They may make a real difference.
Personally I follow Paleo & low FODMAP diet and it has made a big difference for me. I know it is a pain and takes effort, nut I would suggest to try for a couple weeks and see if you feel better. If so, it's easy to convince yourself to make the effort.