• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

21 years of crohns

My doctor presented the option of biologics to me 2 days ago which prompted my search for more information. I have certainly found more information! Thanks to everyone who shared their story and helped me feel more comfortable with biologics. I have decided to proceed with Remicade.

I was diagnosed with Crohns in 1993 at the age of 19. I have been on a handful of drugs over the years including Dipentum, prednisone (for a few years.continuously), Imuran, and now Azathioprine. I have had a small bowel resection in 2001 and again in 2008. I have been experiencing blockages lately and a recent MRI has revealed areas of active Crohns in the small bowel. Based on all of this information my GI has suggested either Remicade or Humira. I spoke with him earlier today and told him to proceed with the Remicade and am awaiting a call from the coordinator to get everything rolling.

looking forward to more great advice and hopefully being able to help others.

I wish you the best of luck while you start your treatment with Remicade, mekanickel! Remicade was my biologic of choice too, but unfortunately my insurance denied it ... Gotta get through Cimzia first. Keep us posted with how Remicade works for you//how you feel after the first infusion! I'd love to know what you think of it.

Best wishes and stay positive!!! :)
-- Rebecca

DJW

Forum Monitor
Hi and welcome.

I just started Remicade 3 weeks ago. I noticed improvement within a few days of my first infusion. It wasn'tuntil iI had a good day that I realized how rotten I've been feeling for the last few years.

I hope you feel better quickly.