• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

How long do I have to wait for Remicade to work?

I've been flaring since June. Since then I have had five hospitalizations and three remicade infusions. My last, and third, infusion was this past Friday. (10/10) I'm still experiencing symptoms. Using the bathroom 5+ times a day and it's all liquid, I'm not retaining anything. Today a low grade fever popped up. Anyone with experience? Advice? I just want my life back...:poo:

DJW

Forum Monitor
Hi LyndseyB and welcome.

I'm new to Remicade myself (2 infusions) so I don't have any answers.

Sending you my support. I hope you get you're life back quickly.

I didn't feel different at all until infusion number 4 (which was 4 weeks after number 3, not 8 weeks ads usual, due to my lack of response). After number 4 I started feeling better.

It was the fourth infusion for me. I even had a hospital stay between the 3rd and 4th. hopefully soon you'll be getting better.

I have had 3 infusion so far and I was feeling better right after my 3rd dose. But now 1 month later I am feeling like crap again and going to the bathroom all the time. Waiting for my GI to get back to me tomorrow and hopefully I can go in early for another infusion.