• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Undiagnosed

Undiagnosed-
Hi guys, have been reading this forum for a few months now and I must say it has been very comforting to know that I am not the only one.
Been suffering for 3 years, was hospitalised 4 weeks ago because of intestinal bleeding and severe anemia! They did two scopes and saw nothing however my inflamation markers (CRP) are raised. Suspected Crohn's disease got to wait 3 weeks for a small bowel MRI study. I have lost 1 and a half stone in 4 weeks :-( just want some answers!
Now i cant leave the sofa because of pain, headaches, fatigue, ultinating D and constipation! Anyone else experienced these symptoms?
I look forward to any help or info xx

DJW

Forum Monitor
Hi Faye and welcome.

I'm sorry to hear you've been suffering for so long. Have you been keeping a food and symptom journal? It might help pinpoint problem foods.

I hope you get some answers. Sending you my support.

Hi Dave,
Thanks for the reply, yes i have done and i've done exclusion diets but they just confuse me because i will think i have found out the trigger foods, completly exclude them then continue getting symptoms!
I was put on a low residue diet whilst they try to diagnose me which has helped a bit because i'm having less BM's a day but still in a lot of pain!
Thanks for the suggestion though :)

DJW

Forum Monitor
Its so difficult not having a DX. Unfortunately not everyone gets symptom relief from diet changes.
You're not alone.

Sorry to hear Faye! I too am undiagnosed, been fighting with doctors for about 18 months now. Hope you get answers soon! Many ((((hugs))))

Hi Kero, have you poked and prodded too? Its not nice, on one hand you are relieved that nothing but on the other hand you are so dissapointed and confused about how you are feeling :-(