• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

10 year old daughter just been diagnosed with IBD

Hi im new to this forum. Just wondering is there any other parents where there 10 year old has ulcerative colitis. This is her third week on steroids and she still feels unwell. She is also on anti inflammatories, iron + vitamin D.

Thanks Meekie

DJW

Forum Monitor
Hi Meekie and welcome.

We have s great group of parents here. Sending both of you my support.

Hi

She is not due back to clinic till the 9th of January, 2015. Hoping that she will have had an MRI before then to see how much damage has been done. Just wondering is their certain foods that aggravate it?

She is on Galfer Iron 20ml a day, Salazopyrin EN 500 mg 3 a day, Deltacortril enteric 5mg 6 a day+ the vitamin D is 4 drops at 10mg a day.

Thanks

my little penguin

Staff member
Why are they waiting so long for a follow up?
Typically on the beginning they need to be seen more often .
Also not familiar with the name of the one drug but I assume its a 5-ASA.

Hope the entocort kicks in soon.

Lady Organic

Staff member
Hi, 3 weeks and no important improuvement on prednisone and salazopyrin... I'd call the clinic asap to explain that situation.

Salazopyrin is the other name for sulfasalazine which is a combination of 5-ASA with something else i cant remember for now, usually accepted to be more effective than sole 5-ASA for recto-colitis.